Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge

Since I'm only a third the way through my next book, [which I will hopefully finish tomorrow], I have the opportunity to write about something I stumbled upon this week. It is the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge [hence the title. sorry that it's not a surprise]. Being a huge fan of Gilmore Girls, it's only perfect that I should find this list. I scored a measly 40/339, but the good news is that I have quite a few of those on my reading list already.

For those who are not familiar with Gilmore Girls, it is the story of two women on a trip to find themselves. Lorelai Gilmore, beginning motherhood at 16, struggles with herself, her parents, and just life. Meanwhile her daughter, Rory, is growing up and challenged by relationships, academics, and still being a youth. The two of them are the perfect pair as they grow together. 

The reason this reading list is more expansive and interesting is because Rory is a Harvard student, a young feminist, journalist, and an avid reader. This list, surprising to myself, is very encompassing to all these aspects of her character. Although television does not always remain consistent, if this list is correct, then Rory is, in fact, built upon the things she is filmed reading.

I need to re-watch all these seasons and find the books I've read. Probably, that will never actually happen, but you never know.
http://www.listchallenges.com/rory-gilmore-reading-challenge?ref=share

Hopefully this list can give you some insight on what to read next.
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment